Mukti is located at Meenambakkam, Chennai. For people who are traveling by car, auto or taxi, the landmark is the BMW showroom. For others, the most convenient way is Meenambakkam bus stop which is 100 feet away from Mukti, and for those who would want to take a train, Meenambakkam railway station is just next door to Mukti. Our address: Mukti, No 1, Station Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai 600 027. You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 044 22346973 and 044 22333168.
Click here for Contact Information & Map
1. The patient visits Mukti with a prescription or request letter from the doctor requesting Mukti to provide the patient with an artificial limb or caliper.
2. When a patient walks in to Mukti, he or she is examined to rule out any swelling or contracture.
3. The stump is examined very carefully to evaluate whether it has healed completely. It takes a minimum of 6 to 8 months after surgery (amputation) for the stump to completely heal and shrink in size. It is only then an artificial limb can be fitted.
4. After ensuring that the stump has completely healed, measurements are taken and the limb is fabricated and fitted to the amputee. After that he is given training to walk. Instruction to maintain the artificial limb is explained by our technicians.
5. Diabetic patients are given special care at Mukti.